Tuesday, March 10, 2009

DST - Springing forward with postcard art

Daylight Savings Time (DST) caught me by surprise this year. It didn't register on my radar until I saw the little clock reminder in Friday's paper. So in honor of "Springing Forward" I made postcards and mailed them out that afternoon (just assuming that my friends were as clueless as I was). 

Many wonderful "red letter days" fill our lives: birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, showers, the list goes on . . . Lately I've been thinking about all the lesser-known "special days" (or weeks) that are highlighted on the calendar. Besides being Salvation Army Day, today is also Organize Your Home Office Day. Tomorrow's "holidays" include: Dream 2009 Day, Johnny Appleseed Day and Registered Dietitian Day. On Friday we'll be able to celebrate Earmuffs Day and National Open An Umbrella Indoors Day, plus it's the 13th, which brings to mind all sorts of possibilities. 

Whatever the reason for commemoration, we have the opportunity to creatively recognize the day with a little card or other ephemera. Next year I plan to send out cards in  honor of Napping Day (the Monday after Daylight Savings Time begins). I know my friends will be up for taking part in that celebration, big time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment