Monday, April 20, 2009

Letterpress Printing - fantastic impressions on paper


Our favorite type of printing at Good Taste is letterpress. If money and time allowed, we'd encourage all of our clients to use this time-honored method. The tactile quality achieved by this process adds so much to even the simplest piece. Designing this invitation for SAMS's (Seattle Art Museum Supporters) recent tea party, held at the museum, was a creative challenge - I had a limited budget and the turn-around time was quite short. Luckily I had a stash of Fabriano Mediovalis - a wonderful cotton rag stock with a deckle edge. Our good friends at Evolution Press in Ballard donated the printing, and as always, did an outstanding job. Matching envelopes were all we had to purchase.

Here's the invite I designed for our Good Taste open house, held earlier this year. It's actually a tri-fold, but I cut it apart so that I could show all 3 panels. Fabriano Artistico is the stock - trimmed to size. The folder paper is Stardream Lapis, the green build is off-cut from a job done years ago (I always make the press give me left-over paper). 

I drew the little bird for a rubber stamp that I never got around to making - he fits perfectly at the top of our house. Again, our friends in Ballard worked their printing magic helping us to achieve just the look we wanted to celebrate the our new home and DIY Good Taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment