Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Give a Valentine to your sweetie




Valentine's Day is Saturday - and while this year I won't be getting flowers, jewels or gifts (we're finally getting iPhones - way better than 'bling' in my opinion) - I love making little cards and giving notes to my sweet husband, delightful daughter and fantastic friends.

Here at DIY GT we've been consumed with "Six Word Memoirs" so I decided to use this concept as the basis for my cards. It's a challenge to describe someone or something in only six words.

Here are the card specifications: base card: 80# (weight) cardstock - the card measures 18 x 3 - with scores every 3 inches and folds 'accordion' style. The six words are typeset and laser printed on heavy text weight paper. Additional papers create the 'builds' and polka-dotted rayon ribbon left over from another invitation project ties the folded panels neatly together.

I like the way the card folds out enabling you to see all six words. The recipient's name is on the front and I wrote a personal note on one of the back panels. Now I have to make a bunch more and get them in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment