Thursday, February 12, 2009

What do you love & collect?

What do you love & collect? I love dots, type and hearts. (My glassybaby collection is another story.) I've collected hearts for years - I buy them - recycled glass hearts from Bedrock, my husband gives them to me (the ceramic heart), my daughter gives them to me as well - the dotted stone heart from Earthues. The "M" sphere is a gift from my sister-in-law, the wooden "dot" bowl from a friend. It sits on a table in our living room - we're often re-arranging the bowl's contents and they're a big hit with visiting friends' children. 

My Good Taste gal-pal, Jody loves frogs. Laura collects hearts - but only stones that she finds in the shape of hearts. One of my invitation clients collects pigs. An artist friend has hundreds of collections - her wonderful home is chock-full of the most interesting objects - bowling balls, globes, old hankies, poker sets, religious icons . . .  a visual cornucopia. My buddy Susan always has unusual things on her living room side-tables - fossils, stones, seed pods - each has a story. 

Being surrounded by my 'treasures' enriches my visual life. I appreciate the artistry of each object and often 'looking and thinking' about my stuff (and my friends') leads me in new creative directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment